‘We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!’ Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you a Young professional with expertise and affinity in entrepreneurship promotion, social enterprising and impact business development? And would you like to work for an international, inspiring and dynamic aid and development organization?
For our Program & Knowledge Support department we are looking for a:
Thematic Expert Enterprising People and Communities
28-32 hours a week
As a Thematic Expert you support the development of Micro and Small Enterprise and Social Enterprise development and other self-supportive models for sustainable social innovation as well as the application of community-based assets for economic development and connecting to markets.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You provide support and technical advice to Country Offices on the thematic area and in a number of approaches like multi stakeholder partnerships and micro and small enterprise development;
- You provide functional expertise, operational advice and support with project development, implementation, learning and evaluation to Countries Offices;
- You contribute to the development of new, high-quality programme proposals for institutional donors related to the thematic area and related topics such as resilient livelihoods, sustainable food systems and climate change;
- You support to development of best practices and innovative methods, and applying that to programmatic development in the assigned domain of expertise, in particular related to social and environment impact entrepreneurial models and their resourcing and digitalization of services, development of learning packages and training;
- You contribute to the maintenance of relationships with institutional donors and cooperation partners in collaboration with the strategic partnerships advisors;
- You contribute to the development of networks and coordinating with relevant stakeholders such as other (I)NGOs, companies and government institutions;
- You support the strategic programme advisor and the strategic partnership advisor with setting up, leading and coordinating consortia of multiple institutional parties in varying compositions of NGOs, companies and/or governments.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of International and/or Business Development;
- You are proficient in linking to external actors, in learning and representation, and skilled at making connections and involving knowledge and ideas from the sector in the organization;
- You are proficient in effective collaboration with others to achieve results, holding strong advisory and – when advising- facilitation skills with experience in training and coaching of teams and individuals;
- You have the ability to inspire teams and individuals and to encourage innovative thinking;
- You are Result-oriented approach with the ability to manage your own workload;
- You are proactive and show initiative;
- You have relevant work experience abroad;
- You are skilled in training and facilitating workshops;
- You are experienced with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce;
- You are experienced with support processes and implementation processes;
- You are experienced with giving training to groups;
- You have strong written and oral skills in English (and preferably Dutch) language;
- You have an affinity with international development cooperation or humanitarian assistance;
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values. You are willing to sign our code of conduct *.
What’s in it for you?
This challenging and responsible job offers you the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of professionals. You work together in an informal work environment where there is room for your input and ideas. You will receive a salary of maximum € 4.210,59 per month (on fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive working from home policy.
We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume before April 23th to Natascha Gendi, Manager Programmes & Knowledge Support, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions you can reach Joost van den Hee at 06 52020808.
This vacancy is posted internally and externally at the same time. In case of equal suitability, preference is given to internal candidates.
Download this vacancy.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.