Vacature: Humanitarian Assistance Coordinator
For those in need! We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis! Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day. We work in Eastern Europe, East Africa, and the Middle East, where we reach about one million people every year.
Are you looking for the next step in your humanitarian career and do you have experience coordinating a team of professionals? We have the right opportunity for you because we are recruiting our new
Humanitarian Assistance Coordinator
(Almere, 28- 36 hours a week)
Your new position
As Coordinator you are responsible for the successful implementation of our Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery (HAR) programmes. You coordinate and lead our rapid responses, for example in Syria. Together with your team of 6 HAR professionals you support our country offices reach more people affected by crises and disaster. As a team you focus on increased quality of our responses, localization, diversification of our donor base, triple nexus programming, including peacebuilding, climate resilience and disaster preparedness. Good to know, each colleague is linked to one or more country offices and provides among others support with proposal writing, and training, and advice on programme content.
In this exciting position you are responsible for:
- Leading our rapid responses (including allocation of funds, internal and external coordination).
- Coordinating the team’s workload, advising, and supporting your team in their responsibilities.
- Excellent donor relationship management that ensures funding is secured and donor expectations are met.
- Ensuring knowledge development on Humanitarian Assistance & Recovery and Nexus programming.
- Representing Dorcas in alliances and networks such as the DRA, CNC and Start Network.
- Successful internal representation and cooperation with other departments and country offices.
- Advising senior management on HAR related topics.
Are you ready to add your strength to our team? Becoming successful in this position means you:
- Are enthusiastic about our mission and approach and as a Christian fully support our vision and core values*.
- Decidedly initiate and take action and successfully work under pressure.
- Know how to prioritize, plan, and organise and have strong networking skills.
- Enjoy working with diverse teams and have strong cultural and organisational sensitivity.
- Have excellent command of the English language and conversational command of Dutch.
- Are a humanitarian professional and have a relevant master’s degree.
- Have experience coordinating working with multiple partners, leading, and developing proposals for humanitarian donors and with coordinating a team of professionals.
What’s in it for you?
Working at Dorcas first and foremost means taking action for people in need. In this position you are offered:
- The chance to add your expertise and increase the quality and impact of our HAR programmes.
- An opportunity to further develop your humanitarian career and (team) coordination skills.
- A great HAR team that is looking forward to working with you.
- Professional, enthusiastic, and driven colleagues in the Netherlands and abroad.
- A salary ranging from €3.909, – to €5.096,- gross per month (full-time, 36 hours), good benefits, including a non-contributory pension, 8% holiday allowance, flexible working hours, training and professional development, travel and home office allowance.
Please send your cover letter and resume before December 11, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position, please contact Anton van Wijk, email@example.com or +31627304025. For questions about the recruitment process please contact David at +31682568838 or the above e-mail address. A valid EU work permit is required.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.