‘We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!’ Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you a humanitarian aid professional who can write about conceptual ideas in an easy to read format? Would you like to play a role in developing Dorcas’ policy documents on humanitarian aid and in developing the knowledge of Dorcas colleagues by designing (online) tools and training? Would you like to keep closely involved with humanitarian aid projects by leading and writing project proposals? And would you like to work for an international, inspiring and dynamic aid and development organisation?
We are looking for a:
Humanitarian Aid Expert
28-32 hours a week
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of humanitarian aid expertise, programme concepts and policies for Dorcas and write the relating policy and guidance documents;
- Initiate, describe and/or facilitate best practices and innovative methods to support Dorcas’ humanitarian aid programme concepts;
- Provide support and technical advice to country offices in one or more intervention areas and/or in a number of specific and generic approaches related to the programme concepts for humanitarian aid;
- Contribute to the development of new, high-quality programme proposals for institutional donors in humanitarian aid;
- Participate in the humanitarian aid team to support a rapid response and in development of rapid response capacity and disaster preparedness at Country Offices and its local partners;
- Participate in the humanitarian aid team which has responsibility for monitoring Dorcas’ humanitarian aid contracts and for responding to developments in the sector;
- Contribute to multidisciplinary teams as a humanitarian aid expert.
‘Supported by colleagues in country and in the Netherlands, you will develop, write and communicate about
policies and tools which guide Dorcas’ humanitarian aid interventions. You will remain connected to the field
by leading and developing project proposals for humanitarian aid donors.’
Annet Lukkien – Coordinator Humanitarian Aid
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of Humanitarian Aid;
- You have experience of working in humanitarian aid or international development cooperation and with the related institutional humanitarian aid donors;
- You have strong written and oral skills in the Dutch and English language;
- You have experience of writing policy documents and developing and presenting tools and designing and delivering training;
- You bring knowledge and expertise in leading, developing and writing project proposals for humanitarian aid donors, sometimes in cooperation with multiple partners;
- You are an excellent networker and have experience of leading a (complex) cooperation of multiple partners;
- You are proactive, flexible, focused on problem-solving, culturally sensitive and strong in planning and organizing and enjoy working within a diverse team;
- As a Christian you can fully agree with our mission, vision and core values. You are willing to sign our code of conduct *.
What’s in it for you?
This challenging and responsible job offers you the opportunity to be part of the department P&KS (Programmes & Knowledge support) consisting of 15 enthusiastic and committed staff. Within P&KS you will work in the HA cluster consisting of 5 Humanitarian Aid Professionals. You work together in an informal work environment where there is room for your input and ideas. You will receive a salary of maximum € 4.210,59 per month (on fulltime basis) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive work from home policy.
We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume before April 23th to Natascha Gendi, Manager Programmes & Knowledge Support, email@example.com. For questions you can reach Annet Lukkien at 06 81404450.
This vacancy is posted internally and externally at the same time. In case of equal suitability, preference is given to internal candidates.
Download this vacancy.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.