“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you a humanitarian aid professional and experienced in coordinating rapid response programmes? Do you want to be involved in humanitarian aid & recovery projects by strengthening the rapid response preparedness of Dorcas ? We are currently recruiting an experienced
Humanitarian Aid Expert/ Rapid Response Coordinator
(Almere, 28-32 hours a week)
As our new Humanitarian Aid Expert/ Rapid Response Coordinator you become part of our Programme & Knowledge Support (P&KS) team that consists of 20 colleagues. Together we assess contexts and opportunities, attract resources, develop partnerships, design theories of change, support monitoring & evaluation, and develop integrated programmes. In the P&KS team you work closely together with our 5 other Humanitarian Aid Experts forming the humanitarian aid team.
In this position you will focus on:
- Strengthening our rapid response preparedness at our international office, at country office level and of our implementing partners.
- Coordinating our rapid response funding applications and reporting.
- Supporting rapid response implementation in countries where needed.
You are also responsible for:
- Coordinating our rapid response protocol and further developing internal processes, policies and training.
- Supporting and advising Dorcas country offices and local partners in strengthening their rapid response capacity and disaster preparedness.
- Contributing to the development of humanitarian aid & recovery expertise, programme concepts and policies, and for writing the relating policy and guidance documents.
- Initiating, describing and/or facilitating best practices and innovative methods to support Dorcas’ humanitarian aid & recovery programme concepts.
- Contributing to the development of new, high-quality programme proposals for institutional donors particularly for rapid response.
- Contributing to multidisciplinary teams as a humanitarian aid and rapid response expert.
Becoming successful as Humanitarian Aid Expert/ Rapid Response Coordinator means you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of Humanitarian Aid.
- Experience working in humanitarian aid or in a rapid response context.
- Preferably experience with rapid response funding mechanisms.
- Experience writing policy documents, developing, and presenting tools and designing and delivering training.
- Knowledge and expertise in leading, developing and writing project proposals for humanitarian aid donors, sometimes in cooperation with multiple partners.
- Excellent command of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and written.
- A hands-on mentality, networking skills and experience leading a (complex) cooperation of multiple partners.
- The following competences: taking initiative, flexibility, problem-solving, cultural sensitivity, planning and organizing.
- As a Christian you fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct*.
What’s in it for you?
This challenging job offers you the opportunity to become part of a growing international NGO. You work together in a dynamic, diverse, and informal work environment, with room for your input and ideas. You will receive a salary of €3.020,- to €4.272,- gross per month (on a fulltime basis, 40 hours) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive working from home policy.
We look forward to your application! Send your cover letter and resume before August 15th, 2022 to David Karelse, recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position, you can reach David at +31682568838 or at the above-mentioned e-mail address.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
All applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to live and work in The Netherlands by the start date of the position.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.