“We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis!” Together with hundreds of colleagues from the Netherlands and abroad and with tens of thousands of volunteers, we are committed to this mission every day.
Are you a humanitarian aid professional that can write about conceptual ideas in an easy to read format? Would you like to participate in developing Dorcas’ policy documents on humanitarian aid & recovery and in developing the knowledge of Dorcas colleagues by designing (online) tools and training? Would you like to keep closely involved with humanitarian aid & recovery projects by leading and writing project proposals? We are currently recruiting an experienced
Humanitarian Aid Expert
(Almere, 32-40 hours a week)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of humanitarian aid & recovery expertise, programme concepts and policies for Dorcas and write the relating policy and guidance documents.
- Initiate, describe and/or facilitate best practices and innovative methods to support Dorcas’ humanitarian aid & recovery programme concepts.
- Provide support and technical advice to country offices in one or more intervention areas and/or in a number of specific and generic approaches related to the programme concepts for humanitarian aid & recovery.
- Contribute to the development of new, high-quality programme proposals for institutional donors in humanitarian aid & recovery.
- Participate in the humanitarian aid team to support a rapid response and in development of rapid response capacity and disaster preparedness at country offices and its local partners.
- Participate in the humanitarian aid team which has responsibility for monitoring Dorcas’ humanitarian aid contracts and for responding to developments in the sector.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary teams as a humanitarian aid expert.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of Humanitarian Aid.
- You have experience working in humanitarian aid or international development cooperation and with the related institutional humanitarian aid donors.
- You have strong written and oral skills in the English language and preferably in Dutch.
- You have experience writing policy documents and developing and presenting tools and designing and delivering training.
- You bring knowledge and expertise in leading, developing and writing project proposals for humanitarian aid donors, sometimes in cooperation with multiple partners.
- You are an excellent networker and have experience leading a (complex) cooperation of multiple partners.
- You are proactive, flexible, focused on problem-solving, culturally sensitive, strong in planning and organizing and enjoy working within a diverse team.
- As a Christian you fully agree with our mission, vision and core values and you are willing to sign our code of conduct *.
What’s in it for you?
This challenging and responsible job offers you the opportunity to be part of the department P&KS (Programmes & Knowledge Support) consisting of 18 enthusiastic and committed staff. Within P&KS you will work in the Humanitarian Aid cluster consisting of 5 Humanitarian Aid professionals. You work together in a dynamic, international and informal work environment, with room for your input and ideas. You will receive a salary of €2.976,- to €4.211,- gross per month (on a fulltime basis, 40 hours) and good secondary employment conditions, including a non-contributory pension plan, flexible working hours and an attractive work from home policy.
We look forward to your application! Send your motivation and resume before November 12th, 2021 to David Karelse, recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position you can reach Natascha Gendi, manager P&KS, at email@example.com or at +31637353005. For questions about the recruitment process you can reach David at +31682568838 or at the above mentioned e-mail address.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
All applicants should be able to demonstrate the ability to live and work in The Netherlands by the start date of the position.
* All Dorcas employees sign the Dorcas code of conduct and are obliged to adhere to it. The protection of the child has specific attention in our code of conduct. We hereby follow the PSEA guidelines (Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse). During the application process we can perform a background check, including references from former employers. You can find our code of conduct via downloads at dorcas.nl/organisatie.